Sunday 21 October 2012

About International Peace Day


from Vivian Ruth Waltz, Director,   SSJ Sister Karen Klimczak Center for Nonviolence: Friday, September 21st was International Day of Peace (Peace Day), a day when all of humanity comes together in support of peace.

Peace Day is observed by every country across the globe and is a time to practice nonviolence, promote peace in our communities and support global peace organizations.

Join us and celebrate Peace Day 2012. Commit to join with peacemakers across the globe by taking the Pledge to Be a Force of Peace and make one small action for peace every day for the next week. Peace starts with you! Nonviolence begins with me! Leave peaceprints along your path by celebrating Peace Day 2012.

The Pledge: Be a Force of Peace

I believe all people have the right to live in peace. I believe peace is a better choice than violence. I believe peace is possible. I believe every person can make a difference.

Today, I commit to be a force of peace and promote peace in my community and across the globe. I will do my part to build peace. I commit to: • make one action of peace every day for the next week in observance of Peace Day 2012 • be peaceful in thought, word, and deed • treat my foes and my friends with respect and compassion • refuse to engage in violent behavior of any kind • support global peace organizations that promote nonviolence and protect all humanity

I will ask my friends to be peacemakers with me. We will stand with peacekeepers around the world and, one by one, we will make an impact for a more peaceful world.

SSJ Sister Karen Klimczak Center for Nonviolence, 80 Durham Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215 716.362.9688   Vivian Ruth Waltz, Director     vivian@sisterkarencenter.org

No comments:

Post a Comment